Saturday, January 2, 2010

You Can Lick, Just Don't Bite


This week's theme is lick.
I felt honoured that this Wallaby let her joey eat from my hand.  When Wallabies and Kangaroos eat from your hand you can often feel their rough tongue lick your hand.
I was at a wildlife park, and was feeding the animals with provided pellets.  You should never feed animals in the wild.  Feeding the wallabies at Cleland Wildlife Park is one of my favorite activities since Wallabies are so shy that it takes time and trust for them to actually come and eat from your hand.  When I first approached this Mom and her babe, the little one raced and jumped in her pouch, but eventually he decided to come out and visit with me.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... that is so cute both getting to see the joey and also get to feed it. I love the look on Mom's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maya, wow this is such a cool photo! I also love the expression on mom's face and the little guy eating right from your hand is very cool. What a great experience.

    Thanks so much for sharing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete